Crimson

9:33 AM Unknown 0 Comments


The book, Crimson, is a Mystery/Thriller story written by allycatdaone15. We're thrust into the Victorian era, following Allyson Kaye as she runs the Kaye family's business. She is joined by 'loyal' servants Amon, the butler/bodyguard, and the Monde siblings. She has found out that someone is stealing from her family and she sets out to find out who. Meanwhile, her parents are plotting behind her back -- with something her servants think might help them out.
Our main protagonist is Allyson Kaye, the heiress to the Kaye fortune. She is young but she is extremely cruel. If things are not done her way on her time, she will dish out punishments. If things are done that she specifically said not to do, the punishment would be unspeakable. She leads with an iron fist -- a somewhat anti-social one as well. She never leaves her house and she expects her servants to follow in her footsteps. In the summary, Kaye is descripted as 'perfect' -- beauty, wealth, smarts -- though that 'perfection' is her major flaw. She does not like change and she does not like insubordinates. Her servants are not human to her, just playthings to amuse her whenever she is bored. She is sadistic, as shown when she takes pleasure in torturing her servants -- and the fact the room she dishes out her punishments in is called her playroom. I hate her. 
Our other main characters are Amon and the Monde siblings. The Monde siblings -- it is not clear on how old they are or how long they had been working for Kaye. Nor are we sure how they ended up with her. There is Lyon and Lynette, the oldest twins who are the cook and a maid respectively; Lydia, the loyalist who is a maid; and Lyria, the youngest maid. Amon was hired by Kaye's parents to be her bodyguard, though I am not entirely sure if Kaye knows it.
I enjoyed the language of this book. Everything was descriptive and flowed well. It had me fully immersed to the point I didn't even want to stop reading! As it stands, there is a lot of vagueness in the story that causes some confusion but this is only the beginning of the story and I expect most of the confusion to be cleared up in later chapters (mostly dealing with the Mondes and Amon).
(Rating ⭐️/5)
Originality ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Already, I'm hooked on this story. The character have their own flares of personality that clash well and not so well, which makes the entire book something interesting to read. I've never read anything like this book before and that new book flavor is like a flame and I, a moth.
Vision ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
The flow of the story is very well maintained. I don't feel like it was rushed, the tone and language of the story is immersive. Your usage of descriptive language really made it easy to see and feel the characters rather than it feeling like I was reading about them. There was some confusion that interrupted the flow, mostly concerning Amon and Lydia, but that, I'm sure, will be cleared up in later chapters.
Impact ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ 
Does it move me? Yes. I've never felt so much animosity for a fictional character until this book. This is not a bad thing at all. I was so immersed into the story, I wanted to gut Allyson like a pig and kick Lydia in the arse. There was some confusion but it will probably be remedied later on in the story (concerning the Monde siblings).
Technique ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
 There was only some errors with wordiness and comma usage but nothing  at all distracting. Word choice was exquisite but sometimes how sentences were structured was a little bit weird and confusing. I liked how I actually felt like I was in the story during this time period.
Cover ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ 
The cover is simple. It can be assumed the person in the cover is the main character, Allyson. We can assume a lot from just her expression alone of the cover. The slight narrow of her eyes and the smug smirk, we get the picture that she may look innocent but there is something far more diabolical behind those glowing red orbs. Something that actually reigns true.
Summary ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
I liked the summary. I came into the story knowing a little bit about what I was going to read. There was some confusion, however. How the last passage was worded and with the punctuations, it was a little hard to really discern what I was reading. Other than that, the summary was well written.
Overall ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️/5


0 comments: